/u/FranciumSenpai on I thought we were supposed to be inclusive

I mean AAHLN+ sounds weird mainly because it's not the term we use - we do have a short hand term to refer to people of racial minorities, it's POC. The religion one, however, doesn't really make sense because we haven't ever needed to make an acronym for a community of people who share an experience relating to persecution/discrimination for everyone of *every religion* - yeah, religious persecution does exist, but we've never had a reason to make a community where everyone of every religion has faced persecution from a specific party because of their religion.

My comment above isn't to say that I think LGBTQIA+ is a bad acronym - I actually like it, so I never knew about this dysphemistic phrase you're using here. My issue only lies with allies who claim to be a part of the community and not whether or not someone should or shouldn't use LGBTQIA+, as well as people arguing over linguistics because they don't understand that context is important for understanding meaning.

Can't say I agree with ya since you're referring to the term in a dysphemistic fashion and it can be taken as if you're insulting people who do use the term. It's possible to uplift one term without putting down another, yknow.





August 10, 2021 at 11:37PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.