How do I actually convey "no pressure?"

I (f29) kind of possibly maybe like this guy (m31?), and I've been thinking about asking him out.

I don't actively have evidence that he likes me back, but we're on perfectly friendly acquaintance terms. I see him pretty regularly due to knowing a lot of the same people, similar activities, etc. I've been wondering and overanalyzing the situation for a while, and I'd just really like to know one way or the other if he likes me at all.

My hesitation isn't the possibility of rejection. I'm in the arts, so I'm very accustomed to that. My fear is of him feeling put on the spot or something, not knowing what to say, and just saying yes without thinking, without actually meaning it.

I feel like that's an easy thing to do. I've been on both sides of it, and it sucks for everyone. I know it's easy to say "no pressure," but have people still feel pressure.

I think men in particular might be prone to that sort of thing because they aren't asked out as much, and aren't conditioned to expect it.

Thoughts?



Submitted February 28, 2021 at 11:50PM

I (f29) kind of possibly maybe like this guy (m31?), and I've been thinking about asking him out.I don't actively have evidence that he likes me back, but we're on perfectly friendly acquaintance terms. I see him pretty regularly due to knowing a lot of the same people, similar activities, etc. I've been wondering and overanalyzing the situation for a while, and I'd just really like to know one way or the other if he likes me at all.My hesitation isn't the possibility of rejection. I'm in the arts, so I'm very accustomed to that. My fear is of him feeling put on the spot or something, not knowing what to say, and just saying yes without thinking, without actually meaning it.I feel like that's an easy thing to do. I've been on both sides of it, and it sucks for everyone. I know it's easy to say "no pressure," but have people still feel pressure.I think men in particular might be prone to that sort of thing because they aren't asked out as much, and aren't conditioned to expect it.Thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.