/u/stelliferous7 on Japanese words for aro ace people vs. alloromantic asexual people

I can also think of animes where it is heavily implied. (Some Webtoons (webcomics) do have explicitly stated aro and or ace characters. A lot are anime styled) So:

So IDK if you've seen these but Lloyd Asplund from Code Geass (Earl of Pudding) is implied to be aromantic (possibly ace too)(so in the beginning it is implied otherwise but if my memory is correct someone mentions to the girl that he actually is not interested in woman (and men, because if he were gay, you'd know because some other characters show same sex attraction)-again if my memory is correct

So another anime, I believe L (and maybe Light) from Death Note are aromantic. L does get a kiss on the cheek from a girl later on and he said I could fall for you, you know? But this article explains why this shouldnt be taken for face value. Of course I would read it if you haven't seen it and are interested as it contains spoliers. Also in an interview they said they couldn't picture L having "those desires"

[article explaination](explaination](https://teruzukiblog.wordpress.com/2017/05/22/ls-crush-on-misa/)

Also Saiki from Saiki K is 10000% aro ace in my heart. No debate lol

There are a few people who say Legoshi from Beasters is demi but IDK

Also a website has a [list](list of possibly ace characters

Also this may be a longshot but maybe Ein from Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom. She just gives me those vibes and doesn't seem to react sexually to things. She does seem to have a soft spot for the male lead but I think she may either feel strong platonic bonds with him or romance. Either way she may be ace. Take this with a grain of salt as she never says anything about not feeling sexual attraction.

Also an interesting [article](article about how Senku from Dr. Stone can be interpreted as ace.

Also as I thought of this I pulled out a dark manga called Phantom Tales of the Night and I suspect a character is aro and another is aro ace

Before I state more these characters are inhuman and do bad things. This makes hardly good representation if the creators were to pin their lack of feelings on them being inhuman (which I suspect they would). Also, the main character the Inkeeper is very sensual (but looks innocent when not in his inhuman form) in terms of touching people's faces as he talks to themand there is some nudity from time to time and as far as the third volume there is one sex scene. If you're still interested then,

The butterfly (you'll see) says in the first volume "I have no idea what love is to begin with."

The inkeeper as I said is sensual but he never seems to take sexual stuff personally or has it (again stereotype I know but...) I believe he has the separation in mind. I am only on the third volume, so this info can change. Again I am not oblivious to the fact that this is dicey representation.

Webcomics (on Webtoon app):

The purple hair boy from Heckin' Dead explicitly states he is aromantic asexual

If you're interested in asexual characters on Webtoons, PARAprofessional has a main character and we see an asexual sticker in his room. Also Grey is...clippings is another technically ace character (I really like this one as it depicts a QPR but I would not know if Black was ace if I didn't see an author writing it in the comments reply when someone asked if he were ace and I think they confused aro with being ace as a girl mentions how Black is not into romance but they never say the word ace or aro in the comic)

Star Children has two demi characters

The Four of Them Webtoon depicts a guy who questions if they are ace or aro (cant remember which one)

Also Webtoons has a lot of queer content. I def wouldn't bd surprised if there were more ace spec and aro spec peeps in the other Webtoons.

Edit: Those Death Note characters do not say they are not explicitly say they are not interested but there are little things here and there that make compace go off and I feel it in my soul.

Edit: sorry the links are weird I copied and pasted them from another comment to combine them

Can't believe I left the weebs hanging! Also glad to remember the demi webtoons!

Another edit I highly recommend you get Webtoons. Period. And anime lol if you aren't a weeb.





August 16, 2020 at 11:27PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.