/u/Rose94 on Hi! I just stumbled upon this reddit group and the resources here from google, idrk if im ace but this is what i had in mind when i got here

I mean, you’re not entirely wrong but... I was brought into the same world and have experienced an unhealthy amount of things you listed and.... I am still happy I’m here. I’ve got a lot of problems but I’m not mad my parents chose to have me with all the shit I have to deal with and going on in the world. One of my favourite quotes is “the world may be broken but hope is not crazy” and I live by that.

If we waited for an ideal world to have kids in we’d never have gotten anywhere. And for some of us, we simply don’t have time to wait for a perfect world to have a kid in.

I think there’s nothing wrong with not wanting kids, even for that sort of reason, but to project it to paint people who do want their own kids as morally wrong or terrible people is a step too far.





August 16, 2020 at 11:18PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.