Breakups Over 30

I thought that being in my 30's, being less emotional and more practical, would make a breakup easier to bear. I've been through this before, I know the drill and I look at it from a very clinical stand point (love is an addiction and I am in rehab).

Boy, was I wrong. I don't know if it's because it happened mid-pandemic and I have no support or distractions, or because it really was the first actual relationship I've been in since my 20's, but I feel like I am a pathetic 15yo with depression all over again.

Dating in ny 30's was easier because I take no BS and rarely get attached. I got disentisized. I wish it was the same for when it ends. I guess you're never too old to have your what broken.

Does anyone like being older made breakups easier or is it going to be this bad every time you open up to someone and it ends?



Submitted May 21, 2020 at 12:15AM

I thought that being in my 30's, being less emotional and more practical, would make a breakup easier to bear. I've been through this before, I know the drill and I look at it from a very clinical stand point (love is an addiction and I am in rehab).Boy, was I wrong. I don't know if it's because it happened mid-pandemic and I have no support or distractions, or because it really was the first actual relationship I've been in since my 20's, but I feel like I am a pathetic 15yo with depression all over again.Dating in ny 30's was easier because I take no BS and rarely get attached. I got disentisized. I wish it was the same for when it ends. I guess you're never too old to have your what broken.Does anyone like being older made breakups easier or is it going to be this bad every time you open up to someone and it ends?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.