How to stop a friend from shooting her shot?

So this is kind of a blurr... TLDR at the end

A friend (f, let's call her Laura) I have has developed feelings for another friend of mine (m, let's call him Adam). Adam is happily together with his gf for 7 years. Laura knows that. Adam to my knowledge has never been rejected, and therefore pretty sure doesn't know the pain it can bring. I am not biased by having more than platonic feelings for either of them.

When I thought I should give Adam a heads up that she might "confess" her feelings he let me know that if she does he is not planning on letting her down easy. That probably would be devastating for Laura and I feel like I should help to prevent that. Being that I am the one, that has the best information out of first hand.

Because Adam is a very stubborn person and tomorrow (if she tells him her feelings it will most likely be tomorrow) I think the way to prevent damage is to tell her he is not interested and that for the sake of not getting ripped apart verbally, she should not tell him of her feelings. Even though that is a shit move most likely hurting her too. I am though sure, I would do it more respectful and less hurtful than Adam would.

So to the question should I try and talk to Laura? And if so, how would I do it properly?

TLDR: One friend is having feelings for another friend that is in a relationship and told me he won't let her down easy if she "confessed" her feelings. I want to prevent unnecessary fallout. Shoud I try to talk to her because he won't listen or stay out of it?

It's after midnight so I will try to get some sleep in but will try to answer in the morning. Thanks to all of you.



Submitted February 05, 2020 at 11:32PM

So this is kind of a blurr... TLDR at the endA friend (f, let's call her Laura) I have has developed feelings for another friend of mine (m, let's call him Adam). Adam is happily together with his gf for 7 years. Laura knows that. Adam to my knowledge has never been rejected, and therefore pretty sure doesn't know the pain it can bring. I am not biased by having more than platonic feelings for either of them.When I thought I should give Adam a heads up that she might "confess" her feelings he let me know that if she does he is not planning on letting her down easy. That probably would be devastating for Laura and I feel like I should help to prevent that. Being that I am the one, that has the best information out of first hand.Because Adam is a very stubborn person and tomorrow (if she tells him her feelings it will most likely be tomorrow) I think the way to prevent damage is to tell her he is not interested and that for the sake of not getting ripped apart verbally, she should not tell him of her feelings. Even though that is a shit move most likely hurting her too. I am though sure, I would do it more respectful and less hurtful than Adam would.So to the question should I try and talk to Laura? And if so, how would I do it properly?TLDR: One friend is having feelings for another friend that is in a relationship and told me he won't let her down easy if she "confessed" her feelings. I want to prevent unnecessary fallout. Shoud I try to talk to her because he won't listen or stay out of it?It's after midnight so I will try to get some sleep in but will try to answer in the morning. Thanks to all of you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.