Friendships outside of the relationship

How important is it for the person you're dating to have extensive friendships outside of the relationship? I've moved around in the past four years to new cities due to graduate school and now work, and I've noticed that this seems to be a red flag in dating. I understand the reasons why as I wouldn't want someone else to feel like I'm their "everything" or feel like I would be dependent on their social circle, but despite being a busy independent person with interests and hobbies outside of my career, I find people are quickly turned off by this.

It's funny and somewhat ironic that now as a thirty-year-old I am far better equipped in life yet the opportunities for friendships and dating are scarcer.



Submitted January 19, 2020 at 12:17AM

How important is it for the person you're dating to have extensive friendships outside of the relationship? I've moved around in the past four years to new cities due to graduate school and now work, and I've noticed that this seems to be a red flag in dating. I understand the reasons why as I wouldn't want someone else to feel like I'm their "everything" or feel like I would be dependent on their social circle, but despite being a busy independent person with interests and hobbies outside of my career, I find people are quickly turned off by this.It's funny and somewhat ironic that now as a thirty-year-old I am far better equipped in life yet the opportunities for friendships and dating are scarcer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.