should I be upset about this

So I live an hour from my bf and my parents don’t let me drive to see my boyfriend (I’m 20) because On the chance I get into an accident and the insurance goes up.

Well sometimes my boyfriend brings up how he has no spending money because he’s spent a lot in gas to come see me.. but it like bothers me because he makes about 1,200 each paycheck, and he goes to dinner and out to eat with his coworkers a lot. he always prefaces it “I’m not complaining I just have spent a lot of money in gas” or before it was “I can’t see you everyday because i sometimes don’t have time for that” which I totally understand, it just made me upset and didn’t sit well with me.

I’m not sure though, thoughts? Am I in the right to be a little upset with those comments?



Submitted December 22, 2019 at 12:25AM

So I live an hour from my bf and my parents don’t let me drive to see my boyfriend (I’m 20) because On the chance I get into an accident and the insurance goes up.Well sometimes my boyfriend brings up how he has no spending money because he’s spent a lot in gas to come see me.. but it like bothers me because he makes about 1,200 each paycheck, and he goes to dinner and out to eat with his coworkers a lot. he always prefaces it “I’m not complaining I just have spent a lot of money in gas” or before it was “I can’t see you everyday because i sometimes don’t have time for that” which I totally understand, it just made me upset and didn’t sit well with me.I’m not sure though, thoughts? Am I in the right to be a little upset with those comments?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.