HPV question about contagiousness

Been abstinent for a while, but recently starting seeing a wonderful woman with whom I have insane physical chemistry. My refractory period has at times been less than 10 minutes with her hah...

However:

She is on birth control and we both have recently been tested. Negative for all the big conditions which is obviously good. However, she divulged that she had HPV years ago, but has been completely cleared/asymptomatic for years now.

Between Google & Reddit, I can't find a definitive answer as to whether I am at risk of contracting the virus. Man there is so much contradictory information out there. Can I contract if she has been "clear" for years??

I am making an appt with my Doc and plan to discuss the Gardasil vaccine, but I've had condomless sex with this woman 5 times now (post our blood work) and obviously want the facts about my risk. I've only had a handful of different partners in my life and none had the virus, so this is new territory for me.

Thank you for any advice you can offer!



Submitted December 07, 2019 at 11:55PM

Been abstinent for a while, but recently starting seeing a wonderful woman with whom I have insane physical chemistry. My refractory period has at times been less than 10 minutes with her hah...However:She is on birth control and we both have recently been tested. Negative for all the big conditions which is obviously good. However, she divulged that she had HPV years ago, but has been completely cleared/asymptomatic for years now.Between Google & Reddit, I can't find a definitive answer as to whether I am at risk of contracting the virus. Man there is so much contradictory information out there. Can I contract if she has been "clear" for years??I am making an appt with my Doc and plan to discuss the Gardasil vaccine, but I've had condomless sex with this woman 5 times now (post our blood work) and obviously want the facts about my risk. I've only had a handful of different partners in my life and none had the virus, so this is new territory for me.Thank you for any advice you can offer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.