Smell (and why you should talk about it)

Long time lurker posting since something nice came about.

From experience, I (F) have concluded that there's a saddening amount of women out there that are self-conscious about the smell of their lady parts. Probably plenty of guys too, but really? I mostly come across women that are concerned with the taste or smell. Me included, of course. Nothing is wrong with me health-wise and I'm completely aware of this, yet still, when it gets down to it I still find myself wondering whether there might be something funky going on down there.

My partner asked me a related question, and I come to find out that he loves the smell of my wetness (discharge? whatever you prefer to call it!), telling me that my smell is amazing, etc.

This shocked me in the best way possible, since it had never come up before and I'm so glad it did. Honestly, I think this was one of the biggest confidence boosts I've gotten in a long, long time. Something so small, but so reassuring just really hit me and sorta destroyed what doubts I had regarding his opinion of my scent.

So really, if you enjoy your partner's smell down there, mention it if you can! It's such a widespread insecurity especially for us peeps with vaginas, and chances are that a compliment about this might just make your girl want to pounce you on the next encounter (sure happened to me!).



Submitted November 29, 2019 at 12:13AM

Long time lurker posting since something nice came about.From experience, I (F) have concluded that there's a saddening amount of women out there that are self-conscious about the smell of their lady parts. Probably plenty of guys too, but really? I mostly come across women that are concerned with the taste or smell. Me included, of course. Nothing is wrong with me health-wise and I'm completely aware of this, yet still, when it gets down to it I still find myself wondering whether there might be something funky going on down there.My partner asked me a related question, and I come to find out that he loves the smell of my wetness (discharge? whatever you prefer to call it!), telling me that my smell is amazing, etc.This shocked me in the best way possible, since it had never come up before and I'm so glad it did. Honestly, I think this was one of the biggest confidence boosts I've gotten in a long, long time. Something so small, but so reassuring just really hit me and sorta destroyed what doubts I had regarding his opinion of my scent.So really, if you enjoy your partner's smell down there, mention it if you can! It's such a widespread insecurity especially for us peeps with vaginas, and chances are that a compliment about this might just make your girl want to pounce you on the next encounter (sure happened to me!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.