Lesbian thinking about dating male friend - potentially ruin friendship?

Was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences or insight into my current situation.

I currently broke up with my GF, and am considering dating a guy that I've been friends with for many years and have had chemistry with. I haven't dated a guy in about a decade due to me thinking I'm more of a lesbian because I emotionally just don't emotionally connect to men as I do with women, but I've always had a little crush on my friend.

Here's the problem - I've never slept with a guy, and I'm not 100% sure I could. This obviously would make things awkward if we ever started dating, as well as potentially ruin our friendship. Our friendship is kind of a big deal because he is a part of a group of friends (including my best girlfriend) that I see on a weekly basis. So not only is it potentially a problem because we may not work out in the end, but the whole sex thing might be an issue too.

I'm going to take some time to heal from my last relationship, but was curious if when I'm ready if it's even worth considering?

I do know this guy likes me, and has said he would date me if I ever wanted.



Submitted November 05, 2019 at 11:38PM

Was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences or insight into my current situation.I currently broke up with my GF, and am considering dating a guy that I've been friends with for many years and have had chemistry with. I haven't dated a guy in about a decade due to me thinking I'm more of a lesbian because I emotionally just don't emotionally connect to men as I do with women, but I've always had a little crush on my friend.Here's the problem - I've never slept with a guy, and I'm not 100% sure I could. This obviously would make things awkward if we ever started dating, as well as potentially ruin our friendship. Our friendship is kind of a big deal because he is a part of a group of friends (including my best girlfriend) that I see on a weekly basis. So not only is it potentially a problem because we may not work out in the end, but the whole sex thing might be an issue too.I'm going to take some time to heal from my last relationship, but was curious if when I'm ready if it's even worth considering?​I do know this guy likes me, and has said he would date me if I ever wanted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.