My parents regularly make weird comments about my 19m friends

My parents immediately after finding out I'm friends with someone will start making sexual comments about them and imply I'm in a sexual relationship with them, I mainly have female friends but they do this for both male and females alike. Whenever I get annoyed or say something they tell me to grow up and that I'm an adult and should be able to handle them making a joke They also say I should be able to handle talking about girls at my age I try avoid telling them as much as possible about my friends because of this. Is this normal or am I just being childish as they say?

TLDR: My parents are always saying sexual stuff about my friends and say I'm acting like I'm 10 when I get annoyed.



Submitted October 24, 2019 at 11:41PM

My parents immediately after finding out I'm friends with someone will start making sexual comments about them and imply I'm in a sexual relationship with them, I mainly have female friends but they do this for both male and females alike. Whenever I get annoyed or say something they tell me to grow up and that I'm an adult and should be able to handle them making a joke They also say I should be able to handle talking about girls at my age I try avoid telling them as much as possible about my friends because of this. Is this normal or am I just being childish as they say?TLDR: My parents are always saying sexual stuff about my friends and say I'm acting like I'm 10 when I get annoyed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.