/u/TheFrictionlessPully on Aromantics, how often do people who don't know you're aromantic assume you're gay?

I am a transgender guy, and at one of my old jobs, I was not out to any of my co-workers. One of my co-workers went on and on about her kids, and when I said that I was uninterested in having children, she started talking about how she used to be in a "phase" where she did not want children and how she used to be "selfish" for not wanting them. When she said that, I explained to her that I was not attracted to men or women and have no interest in a relationship, much less children. But she seemed to only latch onto the first part of that statement and for some reason automatically assumed that I was a lesbian, even though I specifically stated that I was attracted to neither. Not that I even could be a lesbian in the first place, but that is a different story.





September 21, 2019 at 12:01AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.