Has asking for one's Instagram profile replaced getting one's phone number?

Hi!

Something that I have noticed, more specifically in online dating, is women putting their Instagram username in their bio. That's totally cool and all, but I have zero interest in reading/viewing one's profile. If others want to spy and stalk their profiles, go bonkers.

However something I've noticed with engaging with other women face to face for the first time is being asked for my Instagram profile, after I ask for their phone number. When I say I don't have a profile (I technically do, but it's been dormant for five years - I hate the platform and everything it stands for), women are taken aback. Needless to say, I didn't get phone numbers from either one. Welp.

Is this a normal thing in both online and IRL dating in general? And why has dating gone this route?



Submitted September 25, 2019 at 11:25PM

Hi!Something that I have noticed, more specifically in online dating, is women putting their Instagram username in their bio. That's totally cool and all, but I have zero interest in reading/viewing one's profile. If others want to spy and stalk their profiles, go bonkers.However something I've noticed with engaging with other women face to face for the first time is being asked for my Instagram profile, after I ask for their phone number. When I say I don't have a profile (I technically do, but it's been dormant for five years - I hate the platform and everything it stands for), women are taken aback. Needless to say, I didn't get phone numbers from either one. Welp.Is this a normal thing in both online and IRL dating in general? And why has dating gone this route?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.