I feel so lost and conflicted despite having everything.

I’m going to rant a bit so I apologise if this post gets a bit ramble-y though I’ll try and keep it to the point.

For the past 5 years of my life I feel like I’ve been battling who I am and who I want to be, I went through High School completely alone I just couldn’t fit in and find out who I am or who I was meant to be though these are all normal teenage experiences I admit it was harder battling it alone.

I went through up and down phases of being disrespectful to teachers and having a negative attitude against a lot of people I admit this was a reaction to being lost and alone and it ended up costing me Year 12.

I graduated High School with the hope of going into Media I was only 17 when I “graduated” or at least left and had my sights set on working something film related I ended up finding myself disliking the subject and dropping out.

I ended up working between three jobs and in November that year I had decided to study Business instead, two semesters later and now I’m doing the third semester with one left to go.

I recently got hired at a Bank allowing me to work between my College hours and still get my Diploma if Business, it’s basically any business students dream to work at a Bank and Study Business as it will easily led me to a job once I graduate with the right networking.

The problem is that nothing has changed, despite being in College I’m still just as lonely as I was in High School, I struggle with a lot of anxiety still and on top of all of it I really do not enjoy business as much as I wanted to. I remember in Year 12 when it was Leavers and everyone was having huge parties and o was working at a Restaurant looking at these stories of people going out and crying, and I feel like these bad experiences have never let me find out who I am or what i am even passionate about.

I had a lot of people at home tell me how much Business suits me and how I supposed to study it but tbh it feels like I’m dying here, I really couldn’t care less about Business and what I’m studying and none of it has me interested.

The Bank job that id been pushing to get for a while also Isn’t that interesting yes it pays well and yes it’s a nice change of pace from all my other jobs but it really feels like I’m so bored in life.

I live with my older sister and Dad and every day I wonder what it would be like if I tried maybe studying in another state get away from this state I live in which I associate with a lot of bad memories and just start fresh maybe try and be more confident in a place I’m not familiar with rather then living in a state I associate all my worst memories in and yes I’m aware change starts from within and yes I know changing locations doesn’t change you but I feel sad and passionless and I still don’t know who I am and I hate it, maybe going out there and putting myself out there in a foreign state studying something else might be an amazing choice.

I don’t know what to do, feel so conflicted inside and on top of all this I have been really struggling to study as well I know business isn’t for me and if it isn’t then what is?

TLDR: struggling to find passion or interest in life



Submitted August 01, 2019 at 11:38PM

I’m going to rant a bit so I apologise if this post gets a bit ramble-y though I’ll try and keep it to the point.For the past 5 years of my life I feel like I’ve been battling who I am and who I want to be, I went through High School completely alone I just couldn’t fit in and find out who I am or who I was meant to be though these are all normal teenage experiences I admit it was harder battling it alone.I went through up and down phases of being disrespectful to teachers and having a negative attitude against a lot of people I admit this was a reaction to being lost and alone and it ended up costing me Year 12.I graduated High School with the hope of going into Media I was only 17 when I “graduated” or at least left and had my sights set on working something film related I ended up finding myself disliking the subject and dropping out.I ended up working between three jobs and in November that year I had decided to study Business instead, two semesters later and now I’m doing the third semester with one left to go.I recently got hired at a Bank allowing me to work between my College hours and still get my Diploma if Business, it’s basically any business students dream to work at a Bank and Study Business as it will easily led me to a job once I graduate with the right networking.The problem is that nothing has changed, despite being in College I’m still just as lonely as I was in High School, I struggle with a lot of anxiety still and on top of all of it I really do not enjoy business as much as I wanted to. I remember in Year 12 when it was Leavers and everyone was having huge parties and o was working at a Restaurant looking at these stories of people going out and crying, and I feel like these bad experiences have never let me find out who I am or what i am even passionate about.I had a lot of people at home tell me how much Business suits me and how I supposed to study it but tbh it feels like I’m dying here, I really couldn’t care less about Business and what I’m studying and none of it has me interested.The Bank job that id been pushing to get for a while also Isn’t that interesting yes it pays well and yes it’s a nice change of pace from all my other jobs but it really feels like I’m so bored in life.I live with my older sister and Dad and every day I wonder what it would be like if I tried maybe studying in another state get away from this state I live in which I associate with a lot of bad memories and just start fresh maybe try and be more confident in a place I’m not familiar with rather then living in a state I associate all my worst memories in and yes I’m aware change starts from within and yes I know changing locations doesn’t change you but I feel sad and passionless and I still don’t know who I am and I hate it, maybe going out there and putting myself out there in a foreign state studying something else might be an amazing choice.I don’t know what to do, feel so conflicted inside and on top of all this I have been really struggling to study as well I know business isn’t for me and if it isn’t then what is?TLDR: struggling to find passion or interest in life

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.