How to know if your in love? Can’t analyze this feeling I’m having.

I’m a male in my mid 20’s that’s never been in a relationship before.

There’s this girl I’ve known for years that I’ve had a crush on. We were always friends then I moved towns and we stopped speaking. I think there definitely might have been some connection at one point when we were together but nothing happened.

I was in town recently and we ended up going out together and finally kissed.

I’ve thought about her literally every day since then (this was months ago now) but I haven’t seen her since because we still live in different places. We’ve been talking periodically since then but never addressed what happened or the tension.

I’m moving very close to her soon for work and I feel like I finally have a shot to make something happen. This is where I will probably end up messing up...

As mentioned, I think about her all the time and how badly I want to be with her, however my thoughts towards her are not sexual. I don’t think about “fucking” her and the idea of it doesn’t necessarily turn me on. What does this mean? I feel like I need to be having sexual thoughts about a girl I love, no? It’s scaring me that I DONT have sexual thoughts of her, making me afraid to even pursue something for lack of ability to perform.

I don’t even know what my thoughts are. They are how beautiful I think she is and how I just want to treat her well and spend time with her.

Being as I’ve never had a girlfriend I don’t know what it’s supposed to feel like when you love someone. Can someone please give their input? Going into a relationship seems like it would be difficult if I don’t think of having sex with her. Can this be normal for love at first? Will sexual feelings develop?



Submitted August 05, 2019 at 11:46PM

I’m a male in my mid 20’s that’s never been in a relationship before.There’s this girl I’ve known for years that I’ve had a crush on. We were always friends then I moved towns and we stopped speaking. I think there definitely might have been some connection at one point when we were together but nothing happened.I was in town recently and we ended up going out together and finally kissed.I’ve thought about her literally every day since then (this was months ago now) but I haven’t seen her since because we still live in different places. We’ve been talking periodically since then but never addressed what happened or the tension.I’m moving very close to her soon for work and I feel like I finally have a shot to make something happen. This is where I will probably end up messing up...As mentioned, I think about her all the time and how badly I want to be with her, however my thoughts towards her are not sexual. I don’t think about “fucking” her and the idea of it doesn’t necessarily turn me on. What does this mean? I feel like I need to be having sexual thoughts about a girl I love, no? It’s scaring me that I DONT have sexual thoughts of her, making me afraid to even pursue something for lack of ability to perform.I don’t even know what my thoughts are. They are how beautiful I think she is and how I just want to treat her well and spend time with her.Being as I’ve never had a girlfriend I don’t know what it’s supposed to feel like when you love someone. Can someone please give their input? Going into a relationship seems like it would be difficult if I don’t think of having sex with her. Can this be normal for love at first? Will sexual feelings develop?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.