/u/Kaiti-Coto on How did you know you're asexual?

I would look for is how you talk about sexual attraction. I don’t mean think about what you will say before saying it. Actually, quite the opposite. It’s a great trick to see how your brain process said concept without the inference of other people.

Personal Examples:

1). I was talking about how I realized I was ace, I didn’t quite know how to phrase something so I said. “I don’t know how to tell whether or not I have a libido despite having previously looked up various physical symptoms of attraction.” Let me repeat that ”physical symptoms of attraction”

2). I have another example from school. We where watching Shakespeare in Love in 9H English. Young Zac Efron played Romeo in the play parts. During his first scene, most of the girls were commenting/making various noises because of him. I was confused, I didn’t think him looking attractive this “overblown response” from the girls in my class, so I asked my friend Spencer to clarify.

Me: “Okay why in the world are the other girls so excited about Zach. Sure he’s popular and was young at the time of filming this - but they know he’s actually way too old for them.” Spencer: “He’s attractive.” Me: “So what?” Spencer: confused blank stare





July 04, 2019 at 12:32AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.