I (F22) broke up with my bf (M29) and I am so depressedddddd

We broke up originally back in February but have been going back n forth back n forth. Finally a week ago we ceased all communication and I moved him into a new apartment. (Live in NYC so moving is like 10x harder w/o anyone)

It needed to happen there were a lot of issues with jealousy and controlling issues and he’s depressed and was convinced the keto diet could cure his depression against therapy (srsly, I know)- and just a disconnect/understanding of each other’s life styles.

I still love and care about him but that relationship chipped everything away from who I am. I feel dead. I have lost touch with much of my friend group and I used to workout and eat super healthy and have proper routines but my self discipline is all over the place.

I’ve been watching shitty action movies and petting my cat with the curtains drawn. I never realized how much of myself I was sacrificing for this relationship but goddamn.

What did you do in times like these? Specific to NYC- any places you’d roam to? Things you would do? Will I just turn into an mass of a person that holes herself in her room with no ambition? How do I break this? How long should I be sad for? I miss running and laughing without wishing he was there.

I do leave for Berlin for two weeks next Monday and I’m 1000000% looking forward to this trip as it’s my first solo out of the country experience. I just don’t wanna be sad the entire time.

TL;DR broke up with my boyfriend and have no ambition or spark to life. How do I end this cycle of eating in my bed watching tv? What is your experience with bad break ups? Help me



Submitted July 04, 2019 at 12:08AM

We broke up originally back in February but have been going back n forth back n forth. Finally a week ago we ceased all communication and I moved him into a new apartment. (Live in NYC so moving is like 10x harder w/o anyone)It needed to happen there were a lot of issues with jealousy and controlling issues and he’s depressed and was convinced the keto diet could cure his depression against therapy (srsly, I know)- and just a disconnect/understanding of each other’s life styles.I still love and care about him but that relationship chipped everything away from who I am. I feel dead. I have lost touch with much of my friend group and I used to workout and eat super healthy and have proper routines but my self discipline is all over the place.I’ve been watching shitty action movies and petting my cat with the curtains drawn. I never realized how much of myself I was sacrificing for this relationship but goddamn.What did you do in times like these? Specific to NYC- any places you’d roam to? Things you would do? Will I just turn into an mass of a person that holes herself in her room with no ambition? How do I break this? How long should I be sad for? I miss running and laughing without wishing he was there.I do leave for Berlin for two weeks next Monday and I’m 1000000% looking forward to this trip as it’s my first solo out of the country experience. I just don’t wanna be sad the entire time.TL;DR broke up with my boyfriend and have no ambition or spark to life. How do I end this cycle of eating in my bed watching tv? What is your experience with bad break ups? Help me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.