Husband's(M29) best friend (M30) tells me F26) he likes me

I've been with my husband for almost five years now. I've known his friend for that same length of time. More recently, my husband and I have been fighting recently while trying to deal with his medical problems.

His friend is a nice person, but we hardly see him. He has always been a ghost. He shows up every few months, hangs out, and always has an excuse as to why he can't spend time with us.

Cut to today, his friend messaged me out of the blue asking how my husband was doing. He told me that husband seems like he was doing pretty bad and I agreed. He told me to let him know if he could help in anyway.

A couple hours later, he messaged me telling me that he needed to tell me something confidentially. I assumed it had to do with my husband and what he is going through. Instead, he told me that "he hadn't come over recently because he is attracted to me and that he knows it is wrong."

I replied and said "probably a good idea not to mention it again. That what I have with my husband isn't going to change. But because this is the first time, I wouldn't say anything this time." There had been no indication prior to this and it feels like it's out of the blue.

I feel like I can't unknow this now. What do I do? Should I tell me spouse anyway or is putting the kibosh on it good enough to consider it handled?

TL;DR husband's friend messages me that he is attracted to me and that's why he hasnt been around us lately. Asked me not to say anything



Submitted July 04, 2019 at 12:15AM

I've been with my husband for almost five years now. I've known his friend for that same length of time. More recently, my husband and I have been fighting recently while trying to deal with his medical problems.His friend is a nice person, but we hardly see him. He has always been a ghost. He shows up every few months, hangs out, and always has an excuse as to why he can't spend time with us.Cut to today, his friend messaged me out of the blue asking how my husband was doing. He told me that husband seems like he was doing pretty bad and I agreed. He told me to let him know if he could help in anyway.A couple hours later, he messaged me telling me that he needed to tell me something confidentially. I assumed it had to do with my husband and what he is going through. Instead, he told me that "he hadn't come over recently because he is attracted to me and that he knows it is wrong."I replied and said "probably a good idea not to mention it again. That what I have with my husband isn't going to change. But because this is the first time, I wouldn't say anything this time." There had been no indication prior to this and it feels like it's out of the blue.I feel like I can't unknow this now. What do I do? Should I tell me spouse anyway or is putting the kibosh on it good enough to consider it handled?TL;DR husband's friend messages me that he is attracted to me and that's why he hasnt been around us lately. Asked me not to say anything

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.