/u/tbabby on Gotem

See and there in lies the problem. I don’t think you realize that “normal” is based in white heteronormativity, patriarchy and cisgendered white men. It shouldn’t be that way.

I view myself as completely normal. I’m as normal as it gets and I’m not going out of my way to make a political statement by being a black asexual. I’m just existing as normally as possible. It is the world around us has labeled me and other asexuals as abnormal. The fact that your response to my statement is “id rather be normal” proves the necessity of the movement and that people’s perceptions beef to change. The fact your response to this desire is “not looking to be angry” and “don’t hate white people” proves it as well. Who said anything about white people? I’m not angry at anyone but i’m willing educate. That being said if an asexual is angry at all white heteros...then lol I wouldn’t blame them.

But I also encourage you to consider why a vaguely ignorant youtube comment sends you “into melancholy” but when asexuals everywhere are trying to break down systematic barriers, your response is “Im not looking for something to be angry about” and you’d rather not participate? You seem to be much more upset over the less than 10 word youtube comment that was instantly destroyed by a response. But lgbtq+ rights? Now melancholy is gone?

I hate to say it but if you don’t care about the patriarchy and about race, then you are just as exclusionary as aphobes. You can’t be lgbtq+ if you don’t care about the issues of asexual people who are different from you. You care so much about how much aphobes “hate” is asexuals on the internet but you “don’t care” about the millions of asexuals who are not like you. You relish in being oppressed by aphobes but don’t want to talk about other forms of oppression. Please realize that asexuality, as an identity, is more than just “not fucking.” The asexuals here define asexuality by so much more than that. By “not caring,” you’re just excluding and not listening to voices that want to be heard.





June 09, 2019 at 12:00AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.