/u/kayaut on What are pride parades like for you as an ace?

I went to pride last year, about 300k people. Not kidding. It was my first ever and I didn't wear anything ace - I wasn't totally out and I didn't know if it would be okay for me to be, whereas straight allies are totally acceptable going, even encouraged here, so long as you're respectful. Most heteros mock the few and far between protesters, and keep them away from the main thrall, so it's pretty great.

I did, however, see a decent amount of ace representation and cried lol. There was one girl, wearing a purple dress, with a black and white jacket, purple hair. I wanted to thank her. I wanted to walk up to her and tell her how much it meant to me, but I didn't feel comfortable in front of my boyfriend's friends. We'd only been dating for two months and I didn't know how they'd take that. Two are bi/pan, so I was worried they'd be upset because they had to fight so hard for their space, you know?

First year attending and out and you bet your asses I'll be wearing ace colors just in case another closeted ace needs to see we're out here.





June 23, 2019 at 12:20AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.