/u/akorah91 on Being Ace is the same as not wanting kids

I'm also an ace who wants kids, but I get the OP's point. I've gotten a lot of comments from friends about my lack of interest in a sexual relationship over the last several years ("You haven't met the right partner," "Just wait, you'll change your mind")...and a friend of mine who is Child-Free has gotten the exact. same. comments. from her family & friends. It's the same narrative I heard growing up about gay/lesbian folks: "He just hasn't met the right girl," "she hasn't met the right man."

Many allosexual, family-oriented people assume that everyone is just like them. If we disagree, then (from their perspective) it's just a matter of time before we realize that we were actually wrong (Omg, there is a sexy, sexy man! And I do want to have his babies!) and they were right.





June 23, 2019 at 12:10AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.