Some people are trash at communication

I’m a really straightforward and upfront person. If I like you, I’ll let you know and offer my number. If I’m no longer interested in dating you I’ll tell you so.

There’s this guy I met a few months back that I’d see almost daily. We’d chat and we got to know each other. I thought “hey I like this guy” so I asked him if I could give him my number. He said yes. We texted for a bit and then a few days later he stops texting me and I don’t see him around. Over a week and a half later he pops up out of nowhere and sends me a text.

Also this past Friday I was supposed to go on a date with some other guy and he didn’t follow through because “he got distracted by his friends”. I told him it was okay and that if he doesn’t want to go on a date that it is fine but also tell me what you want. I got no response.

I know these are minor things and it’s not a big issue. It’s just frustrating when I hear all the time that guys appreciate an upfront girl but whenever I’m upfront with guys I feel like I scare them away.

I talked to a friend about this and he said it might be because I’m intimidating, but I’m a tiny gal. I feel like I don’t look that intimidating.

Not sure where I’m going with this post, I’m just frustrated about getting stuck dealing with people that can’t communicate.



Submitted June 11, 2019 at 12:23AM

I’m a really straightforward and upfront person. If I like you, I’ll let you know and offer my number. If I’m no longer interested in dating you I’ll tell you so.There’s this guy I met a few months back that I’d see almost daily. We’d chat and we got to know each other. I thought “hey I like this guy” so I asked him if I could give him my number. He said yes. We texted for a bit and then a few days later he stops texting me and I don’t see him around. Over a week and a half later he pops up out of nowhere and sends me a text.Also this past Friday I was supposed to go on a date with some other guy and he didn’t follow through because “he got distracted by his friends”. I told him it was okay and that if he doesn’t want to go on a date that it is fine but also tell me what you want. I got no response.I know these are minor things and it’s not a big issue. It’s just frustrating when I hear all the time that guys appreciate an upfront girl but whenever I’m upfront with guys I feel like I scare them away.I talked to a friend about this and he said it might be because I’m intimidating, but I’m a tiny gal. I feel like I don’t look that intimidating.Not sure where I’m going with this post, I’m just frustrated about getting stuck dealing with people that can’t communicate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.