Is this normal for only two dates?

I (34F) met this guy (45M) via online dating. We’ve been on two dates so far. Practically every day he texts me with details about what he did that day, what he’s doing now, or what he’s going to do, and how he feels about ALL of it. He does say “How are you?” eventually, but he gives me all this detail about his life and feelings totally unsolicited.

In my dating experience, when you’ve only known someone a very short time, you don’t do this. You keep things light and simple. Texts should be straight and to the point, like, “Hey, want to get together on Friday?” To me, he’s acting like we’re already in a relationship, and it’s feeling suffocating to me.

TLDR: Two dates and he’s texting me too frequently and with too much detail



Submitted June 27, 2019 at 12:04AM

I (34F) met this guy (45M) via online dating. We’ve been on two dates so far. Practically every day he texts me with details about what he did that day, what he’s doing now, or what he’s going to do, and how he feels about ALL of it. He does say “How are you?” eventually, but he gives me all this detail about his life and feelings totally unsolicited.In my dating experience, when you’ve only known someone a very short time, you don’t do this. You keep things light and simple. Texts should be straight and to the point, like, “Hey, want to get together on Friday?” To me, he’s acting like we’re already in a relationship, and it’s feeling suffocating to me.TLDR: Two dates and he’s texting me too frequently and with too much detail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.