How to handle break up guilt

Long story short, I think need to break up with my girlfriend, but the thought of how bad it might hurt her is really weighing on me.

We've been officially dating for about a month, but have been seeing each other and hooking up for about three. I love spending time with her; however, I don't think i'm emotionally ready to be in the relationship, for personal reasons. She has already told me she loves me. I did not say it back because I told her I wasn't ready to say that yet. She was totally alright with it, but I still felt like a jerk for not being in the same place as her emotionally.

She is currently camping right now with an Ex boyfriend and two other friends. I'm not the jealous type, but this hurt me a lot, and I have been having doubts about the relationship already, so i'm considering ending it when she gets back. I do love her as a person and want nothing more than for her to be as happy as possible, so the thought of how she might react is killing me.

Any advice on what I should do or how I should deal with this guilty feeling is greatly appreciated.



Submitted June 15, 2019 at 11:39PM

Long story short, I think need to break up with my girlfriend, but the thought of how bad it might hurt her is really weighing on me.We've been officially dating for about a month, but have been seeing each other and hooking up for about three. I love spending time with her; however, I don't think i'm emotionally ready to be in the relationship, for personal reasons. She has already told me she loves me. I did not say it back because I told her I wasn't ready to say that yet. She was totally alright with it, but I still felt like a jerk for not being in the same place as her emotionally.She is currently camping right now with an Ex boyfriend and two other friends. I'm not the jealous type, but this hurt me a lot, and I have been having doubts about the relationship already, so i'm considering ending it when she gets back. I do love her as a person and want nothing more than for her to be as happy as possible, so the thought of how she might react is killing me.Any advice on what I should do or how I should deal with this guilty feeling is greatly appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.