Why is masturbation more shamed than sex for women?

Obviously women shouldnt be shamed for anything sexual. But what ive noticed is that women feel more ashamed and less likely to admit to masturbation and get uncomfortable around that topic even if they can share and talk about sex without any conserns.

One example is when I was with two friends and me and one of them hadnt had any experiences yet and the friend that was experienced talked super grafically about her sex life and answered any question we had without feeling shy the slightest. Somehow the question of masturbation came up and she directly said she don’t do that and you could tell she was shy and uncomfortable.

Another example is my mom, she jokes about sex and is very open about it. When id skip forward sex scenes on movies she’d tell me not too and joke about it but when a womans masturbation scene came up today she told me to skip forward.



Submitted November 22, 2021 at 11:48PM

Obviously women shouldnt be shamed for anything sexual. But what ive noticed is that women feel more ashamed and less likely to admit to masturbation and get uncomfortable around that topic even if they can share and talk about sex without any conserns.One example is when I was with two friends and me and one of them hadnt had any experiences yet and the friend that was experienced talked super grafically about her sex life and answered any question we had without feeling shy the slightest. Somehow the question of masturbation came up and she directly said she don’t do that and you could tell she was shy and uncomfortable.Another example is my mom, she jokes about sex and is very open about it. When id skip forward sex scenes on movies she’d tell me not too and joke about it but when a womans masturbation scene came up today she told me to skip forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.