Was I wrong for dumping a “gym lad?”

This is kind of an AITA post because I just want to know for sure, and I can’t post it anywhere else because of their rules. It is dating related.

So I’ve been talking to my boyfriend for 6 months and we’ve been on loads of dates and it’s just amazing on so many levels. I’ve posted before that’s he’s dorky and nerdy, and I love that.

However. It took a while for me to find my ‘type.’ I’ve dated all kinds of guys and found I tend to get on better with the tall and lankies.

My most recent ex, before my boyfriend, has been messaging me now and again but I don’t reply. His most recent one really hurt.

See, he does meal prep. I don’t. He never gets fast food (not once in the three months we were seeing each other.) I love fast food. He’s (from what I’ve seen) obsessed with muscle and, dare I say, gains. I’m a tubby chick that likes movies. (Before anyone comes at me for being unhealthy, I know but I do dance regularly.)

The biggest turn off for me was that he goes to the gym everyday. I’ve been to the gym three times in my life. We just weren’t compatible.

I told him this when I broke it off. I said that I could not get on board with that kind of lifestyle. Not that he was making me do it, but he always talked about the gym and most of his free time was devoted to it. I’m an affectionate person. I need to see my boyfriend often so this was not going to work.

He wasn’t happy that I broke it off and just messaged me saying that I was rude, ignorant and immature because I didn’t leave him based on his personality. He said that I was being shallow and judgemental.

I hate the thought of being those things and it actually stung to read it. I thought I was doing the right thing.

Was I really that bad?



Submitted November 08, 2021 at 12:14AM

This is kind of an AITA post because I just want to know for sure, and I can’t post it anywhere else because of their rules. It is dating related.So I’ve been talking to my boyfriend for 6 months and we’ve been on loads of dates and it’s just amazing on so many levels. I’ve posted before that’s he’s dorky and nerdy, and I love that.However. It took a while for me to find my ‘type.’ I’ve dated all kinds of guys and found I tend to get on better with the tall and lankies.My most recent ex, before my boyfriend, has been messaging me now and again but I don’t reply. His most recent one really hurt.See, he does meal prep. I don’t. He never gets fast food (not once in the three months we were seeing each other.) I love fast food. He’s (from what I’ve seen) obsessed with muscle and, dare I say, gains. I’m a tubby chick that likes movies. (Before anyone comes at me for being unhealthy, I know but I do dance regularly.)The biggest turn off for me was that he goes to the gym everyday. I’ve been to the gym three times in my life. We just weren’t compatible.I told him this when I broke it off. I said that I could not get on board with that kind of lifestyle. Not that he was making me do it, but he always talked about the gym and most of his free time was devoted to it. I’m an affectionate person. I need to see my boyfriend often so this was not going to work.He wasn’t happy that I broke it off and just messaged me saying that I was rude, ignorant and immature because I didn’t leave him based on his personality. He said that I was being shallow and judgemental.I hate the thought of being those things and it actually stung to read it. I thought I was doing the right thing.Was I really that bad?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.