/u/Top-Replacement-8936 on Question on how some aces grew up

Since the very early childhood I knew that there are a lot of rules that say you have to pretend in order to be polite and fit the social norms. You need to pretend that you like people around, that you don't mind sharing your toys, that the sweater you've got as a gift doesn't cause an instant pain in your skin etc. If people can say "nice to meet you" without any real pleasure of that meeting, they probably can say "I love you" or "I want you" just because the rules told them to do it. I thought that the rule is to find someone, to get married. I thought it is something that adults have to do, like going to a work or buying food, I don't know. So people just choose someone and begin to perform all that actions. We didn't have any sex ed, and I didn't have friends close enough to discuss it. What confused me was the existence of "broken hearts" and gay people. But for some reason I couldn't figure out how all that romantic and sexual things work for a long time. I'm not stupid (I guess), but all that social stuff is pretty hard for me. I began to understand it only at the age of 16, I guess. And it was mostly because of lgbtqia+ topics, especially homosexuality. Because if homosexual people exist (in the homophobic societies) that means that they really feel something they can't resist. Btw I also never understood (and I still don't) homophobia. Like, why is it such a big deal who likes whom? But actually a lot of social norms are weird. Idk I probably have some issues with socialization or smth.





September 01, 2021 at 11:18PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.