Speaking to more then one person at once during early chatting IRL or online feels exhausting to me.

I matched with a girl and we have been chatting for a couple days, but she has been responding 24hrs apart. I dont think its a big deal. We are supposed to be grabbing coffee tomorrow after work. If she shows up then I guess then thats a win and If we click then things would progress. If not then move on.

But then I got another match and started talking to someone else today. A little more responsive. Only a couple texts. Convo is back on me, but honestly I feel like waiting to respond.

I only have so much social energy. I also stay busy enough that planning out dates with more then one person in a week might be exhausting.

For instance if a conversation is going well on a dating app, but I'm already seeing someone on a date, I'd feel cautious to focus too much on it until the first date with the other person.

And if a date went well and a 2nd date was scheduled It would feel like a lot to try to get a first date with someone else.

So pretty much I have a hard time thinking about having dates planned with more then one person at a time. Which might put me at a disadvantage.

And I also cant ghost people. I would feel to bad. I'd rather have a reason so they arent left wondering.

But.... at the same time I'm thinking I may need to learn to do this. There is no real commitment in these situations. Its like if I ran into someone IRL and got their number. What if I ran into someone later that week and we clicked and I got their number.

That is HIGHLY unlikely for me. Im a 28m who is average looking.

But if Im talking to someone on a dating app, that shouldnt stop me from talking with women IRL. But when a date is scheduled I get weird and dont want to talk with other people, but that seems kinda dumb?

thoughts?



Submitted September 27, 2021 at 12:16AM

I matched with a girl and we have been chatting for a couple days, but she has been responding 24hrs apart. I dont think its a big deal. We are supposed to be grabbing coffee tomorrow after work. If she shows up then I guess then thats a win and If we click then things would progress. If not then move on.But then I got another match and started talking to someone else today. A little more responsive. Only a couple texts. Convo is back on me, but honestly I feel like waiting to respond.I only have so much social energy. I also stay busy enough that planning out dates with more then one person in a week might be exhausting.For instance if a conversation is going well on a dating app, but I'm already seeing someone on a date, I'd feel cautious to focus too much on it until the first date with the other person.And if a date went well and a 2nd date was scheduled It would feel like a lot to try to get a first date with someone else.So pretty much I have a hard time thinking about having dates planned with more then one person at a time. Which might put me at a disadvantage.And I also cant ghost people. I would feel to bad. I'd rather have a reason so they arent left wondering.But.... at the same time I'm thinking I may need to learn to do this. There is no real commitment in these situations. Its like if I ran into someone IRL and got their number. What if I ran into someone later that week and we clicked and I got their number.That is HIGHLY unlikely for me. Im a 28m who is average looking.But if Im talking to someone on a dating app, that shouldnt stop me from talking with women IRL. But when a date is scheduled I get weird and dont want to talk with other people, but that seems kinda dumb?thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.