Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the idea of putting myself out there...

So this may come off a bit as rant-y since my thoughts are a but jumbled.  I imagine stories like these are common but I felt the need to share anyway. 

I'm 25M and never really put myself out there in regards to dating or anything romantic (the spare few times where I did were not successful), but I am trying to make an effort as of late and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. This effort has been constrained to apps like Tinder and Bumble as I don't really know how exactly to meet people and connect in person.  However, I find these apps aren't exactly making me confident or better about myself.  Plus the ease of rejection and lack of responses on these apps is taking a toll on me emotionally to be honest. But if I delete them, I'm pretty much shutting myself out to this world and committing myself to further loneliness, which isn't exactly what I'd like to do!

There is this feeling that due to the fact that I missed out on a period of development that most went through, I am handicapped when it comes to this stuff.  I'm trying to figure out how to move forward because this has been a major aspect that is missing from my life, but I constantly feel the desire to just give up and throw the towel.

To be honest, maybe this just was a rant but I've been really upset by this lately and I feel lost.



Submitted April 22, 2021 at 12:12AM

So this may come off a bit as rant-y since my thoughts are a but jumbled.  I imagine stories like these are common but I felt the need to share anyway. I'm 25M and never really put myself out there in regards to dating or anything romantic (the spare few times where I did were not successful), but I am trying to make an effort as of late and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. This effort has been constrained to apps like Tinder and Bumble as I don't really know how exactly to meet people and connect in person.  However, I find these apps aren't exactly making me confident or better about myself.  Plus the ease of rejection and lack of responses on these apps is taking a toll on me emotionally to be honest. But if I delete them, I'm pretty much shutting myself out to this world and committing myself to further loneliness, which isn't exactly what I'd like to do!There is this feeling that due to the fact that I missed out on a period of development that most went through, I am handicapped when it comes to this stuff.  I'm trying to figure out how to move forward because this has been a major aspect that is missing from my life, but I constantly feel the desire to just give up and throw the towel.To be honest, maybe this just was a rant but I've been really upset by this lately and I feel lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.