UPDATE and Questions: New to Healthy Dating - Anxious Attachment Style - How to React

Original Thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/datingoverthirty/comments/icudw1/new_to_healthy_dating_anxious_attachment_style/

So I ended up texting him again on Wednesday (short, "How is your week going?" and Friday "Is everything okay - hope the job is okay!"

No response to either. Okay, job is bad. He's busy. Phone broken - trying to give him the benefit of the doubt in my head.

So I called him today, Saturday. Surprisingly it rang through 5x to VM - I thought I might have been blocked. So I left one just saying I was getting worried, hoped everything was going okay, and to please just call or text me to let me know everything was okay.

He called back a couple of minutes later but hung up right away - clearly he didn't mean to call but had seen my call/vm. So I gave him about 20 minutes to see if he was going to text and no, so I called back (since I did have a missed call from him. And it rang once and then VM. So he blocked me.

Literally ghosted me after dating for 2.5 months, making plans for this weekend just this past Sunday, not a single indication things were going to go this way.

Why do people do this?

What, if anything, did I do wrong here?

How can I communicate early on in a new relationship that I am super easy going and I have no expectations with time but I am not okay with being ghosted.

How do I deal with the emotions of finally having my first adult, healthy (well...) relationship and having this happen to me. I'm so devastated. Like we just fit so well together :(



Submitted August 22, 2020 at 07:22PM

Original Thread:https://ift.tt/31kLlX5 I ended up texting him again on Wednesday (short, "How is your week going?" and Friday "Is everything okay - hope the job is okay!"No response to either. Okay, job is bad. He's busy. Phone broken - trying to give him the benefit of the doubt in my head.So I called him today, Saturday. Surprisingly it rang through 5x to VM - I thought I might have been blocked. So I left one just saying I was getting worried, hoped everything was going okay, and to please just call or text me to let me know everything was okay.He called back a couple of minutes later but hung up right away - clearly he didn't mean to call but had seen my call/vm. So I gave him about 20 minutes to see if he was going to text and no, so I called back (since I did have a missed call from him. And it rang once and then VM. So he blocked me.Literally ghosted me after dating for 2.5 months, making plans for this weekend just this past Sunday, not a single indication things were going to go this way.Why do people do this?What, if anything, did I do wrong here?How can I communicate early on in a new relationship that I am super easy going and I have no expectations with time but I am not okay with being ghosted.How do I deal with the emotions of finally having my first adult, healthy (well...) relationship and having this happen to me. I'm so devastated. Like we just fit so well together :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.