Social Practice

So I (30F) am perpetually single. I think one of my problems is I just never developed the right social skills growing up or into young adulthood and I have sort of learned to be very independent, probably partially as a coping mechanism I think. The problem though is that it now makes it really hard for me to meet people.

I was at a bar the other day that I went to by myself just because I go places by myself. I am pretty sure I got wingmanned. I said no, partially because of the intimidation of having to successfully socialize (I’m not good at banter and small talk) in a situation like that but also because I felt like they were just a bit younger than the people I am looking for at this point in my life as friends or as a significant other.

This has legitimately never happened to me though. I don’t get hit on, and I found myself regretting not going frankly. It was practice I clearly needed.

Do you all just say yes? To me it seems like it could also be a bit mean. I don’t know. What are your thoughts?



Submitted August 30, 2020 at 08:30PM

So I (30F) am perpetually single. I think one of my problems is I just never developed the right social skills growing up or into young adulthood and I have sort of learned to be very independent, probably partially as a coping mechanism I think. The problem though is that it now makes it really hard for me to meet people.I was at a bar the other day that I went to by myself just because I go places by myself. I am pretty sure I got wingmanned. I said no, partially because of the intimidation of having to successfully socialize (I’m not good at banter and small talk) in a situation like that but also because I felt like they were just a bit younger than the people I am looking for at this point in my life as friends or as a significant other.This has legitimately never happened to me though. I don’t get hit on, and I found myself regretting not going frankly. It was practice I clearly needed.Do you all just say yes? To me it seems like it could also be a bit mean. I don’t know. What are your thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.