/u/gEoRgEs_83 on My parents think asexuality doesn't exist. How do i tell them I am asexual? What could I do to make them understeand It is real?

Youve already told them that your asexual, so that part is done. Allo people really cant understand not wanting sex, its in the media, 'its part of life' they cant fathom it. Just like how some aces cant fathom how allos want it. But, Its not really their choice or buisness if you are sexual with your partner.

The 'that's not what it means' could be the whole 'asexual reproduction' thing they learnt in primary school and its stuck with them, asexual means non-sexual, queer folx use that word as a starting point, you coukd try adding on to it, describe what it feels like for you to be asexual.

For me, I grew up having it shoved down my throat but when I finally came across the option I wasn't interested and thats when i went down my path to figuring out my asexual identity. I cant fathom being in a sexual relationship with anyone and if i end up seeking a partner a must is for them to accept that, by either feeling similar, as in aspec or doesnt believe a relationship requires sex to be happy, or be open to poly, [that is a personal preferance if mine, to be poly.]

Im not close with my parents so i really can't say much about it, but when people don't respect my choices and identity i move on and cut them from my life. And i get some people 'love their family ' or whatever[i know I'm being facetious but thats honeslty feel about my relatives.] so im sorry that the people you care about, dont respect or accept you, i know how hard that can be.





July 29, 2020 at 11:38PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.