/u/chromeheartxiv on Asexual education

  1. That asexuals can fall in love just like everyone else
  2. This is the first time I'm hearing that we shouldn't be included in LGBT because we're generally straight passing. I disagree with asexual being lumped into LGBT for different reasons. I'm just as invisible in the LGBT community as I am with cis/straights, the only difference is who the people who don't see me are having sex with. In my personal experience, a lot of people in the LGBT community are seriously acephobic and I have to pretend to be a sexual person to be tolerated at group meets. The biggest adversity I've faced by far is exactly that--nobody thinks I'm real or valid. Straight/cis people think my asexuality is a mental or physical defect that needs to be fixed. LGBT people also think so, but are more likely to be rude to my face about it. Even religious people who prize virginity and think sex is evil have a problem with asexuality because good girls are supposed to get married and submit to their husbands.
  3. The biggest thing I feel like people need to, but refuse to understand goes back to #1. That it's possible to experience romantic love without wanting to rub your gonads on them like an animal at a scratching post. Everyone knows you can have sex without love, so why is the opposite so outlandish? I believe that if someone truly loved ME, they would care more about respecting my body than using it as a chew toy. It creates a lot of loneliness and feelings of having your entire being rejected, that normalsexuals either can't or don't want to prioritize their partner over their genitals. Going back to your comment about diversity, what other sexual orientation on this planet is forced to choose between being alone and consenting to have something horrible done to your body on a regular basis that you don't at all want, to please your partner? Nobody.
  4. The biggest reason, I think, that awareness needs to be spread about the legitimacy of asexuality as an orientation that we're born with, stuck with, and can't change is that bit about being forced to either be alone or allow yourself to be used for sex by a partner who cares more about their junk than your mental health and identity. We might not have to make that choice if more people believed we exist.




April 13, 2020 at 12:05AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.