I'm in a confusing and shitty romantic situation and could use some advice

I (22/F) have been seeing someone (32/M) for several months. After three months of I asked him whether he wanted to pursue something further/keep seeing other people/keep seeing each other.

He answered with "we'll never do anything beyond casual dates and sex," and that he doesn't want to become emotionally intimate.

After hearing this, I told him that doesn't work for me. That I'm looking for someone who will commit to me and intimacy is very important to me and that we should just be friends.

Since then, it feels like every time we've hung out, he gets physical with me (touching, kissing) and we end up having sex. We have had numerous conversations where both of us reiterate what we want, how it's incompatible, and I just feel like I cave every time.

Typing this out, I think I know the answer, that we can't be friends. I feel so stupid for having this happen over and over when I know what's best for me. Has anyone else had to deal with this? How did you escape?

I think what makes it so confusing is that he is a really sweet person and a good friend. I like him so much, and the sex is insane. I don't know how to get away.



Submitted March 13, 2020 at 12:19AM

I (22/F) have been seeing someone (32/M) for several months. After three months of I asked him whether he wanted to pursue something further/keep seeing other people/keep seeing each other.He answered with "we'll never do anything beyond casual dates and sex," and that he doesn't want to become emotionally intimate.After hearing this, I told him that doesn't work for me. That I'm looking for someone who will commit to me and intimacy is very important to me and that we should just be friends.Since then, it feels like every time we've hung out, he gets physical with me (touching, kissing) and we end up having sex. We have had numerous conversations where both of us reiterate what we want, how it's incompatible, and I just feel like I cave every time.Typing this out, I think I know the answer, that we can't be friends. I feel so stupid for having this happen over and over when I know what's best for me. Has anyone else had to deal with this? How did you escape?​I think what makes it so confusing is that he is a really sweet person and a good friend. I like him so much, and the sex is insane. I don't know how to get away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.