What am I doing wrong?

Hey all. So I'm a 26/M and I left a long distance relationship a couple of years ago. I loved her very much but it wasn't working out. She broke up with me and it took some time to accept but now I wish the best and feel like I have to live on myself.

The thing is, I've never been a good dater because I was an awkward and nerdy teenager and am now an awkward and nerdy adult 😂. I've struggled previously with depression but am in a great place mentally and comfortable with myself for the most part. I've found great success with actually meeting people online but I kind of feel like I'm a bit of a personalty catfish - I never get past the first date and am starting to feel like I'll never find anyone and be alone forever.

My most recent date was with a girl who we had some very heavy flirty texting and when we met we kissed and cuddled all night pretty much, but the second day I came across a bit needy and strong... A mistake I know.

I've read r /niceguys so I basically don't act like an idiot over text, actually I do the opposite and throw in the towel early.

I might just be venting now but I'm growing to hate dating and accept I'll just be alone forever. Are there any tips for helping with date anxiety?



Submitted January 07, 2020 at 12:08AM

Hey all. So I'm a 26/M and I left a long distance relationship a couple of years ago. I loved her very much but it wasn't working out. She broke up with me and it took some time to accept but now I wish the best and feel like I have to live on myself.The thing is, I've never been a good dater because I was an awkward and nerdy teenager and am now an awkward and nerdy adult 😂. I've struggled previously with depression but am in a great place mentally and comfortable with myself for the most part. I've found great success with actually meeting people online but I kind of feel like I'm a bit of a personalty catfish - I never get past the first date and am starting to feel like I'll never find anyone and be alone forever.My most recent date was with a girl who we had some very heavy flirty texting and when we met we kissed and cuddled all night pretty much, but the second day I came across a bit needy and strong... A mistake I know.I've read r /niceguys so I basically don't act like an idiot over text, actually I do the opposite and throw in the towel early.I might just be venting now but I'm growing to hate dating and accept I'll just be alone forever. Are there any tips for helping with date anxiety?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.