Long term bf (24) dumped me (f, 22) and I can't imagine being with someone new

It has been a little over a month since my boyfriend (24) of 6 years broke up with me (f, 22) right after we both graduated from college and I am struggling with believing I will ever be able to find someone else since it was the only serious relationship I've had, even though it was very unhealthy. We broke up repeatedly over the last 3 years of our relationship and I would try dating through apps like Bumble and Tinder but nothing ever came of any of the dates I went on and we would eventually get back together out of loneliness.

I realize that it is still very early in my healing process but I am worried about never finding a healthy relationship with someone else because I need to be friends with someone for a while before considering a relationship with them, this is also why I believe online dating doesn't work for me since I feel very pressured to jump into a relationship with someone that I still consider a stranger. I have also never hooked up with someone which makes me nervous about the idea of having sex with someone new.

What advice would anybody have for my situation or has anyone been through a similar situation that has managed to meet someone else? I know this is a common feeling after the end of a serious relationship but I just have a really hard time with dating and every date I go on that doesn't work makes me feel worse.

TL;DR: Long-term bf dumped me now I'm having a hard time imagining being with someone new.



Submitted January 27, 2020 at 12:07AM

It has been a little over a month since my boyfriend (24) of 6 years broke up with me (f, 22) right after we both graduated from college and I am struggling with believing I will ever be able to find someone else since it was the only serious relationship I've had, even though it was very unhealthy. We broke up repeatedly over the last 3 years of our relationship and I would try dating through apps like Bumble and Tinder but nothing ever came of any of the dates I went on and we would eventually get back together out of loneliness.​I realize that it is still very early in my healing process but I am worried about never finding a healthy relationship with someone else because I need to be friends with someone for a while before considering a relationship with them, this is also why I believe online dating doesn't work for me since I feel very pressured to jump into a relationship with someone that I still consider a stranger. I have also never hooked up with someone which makes me nervous about the idea of having sex with someone new.​What advice would anybody have for my situation or has anyone been through a similar situation that has managed to meet someone else? I know this is a common feeling after the end of a serious relationship but I just have a really hard time with dating and every date I go on that doesn't work makes me feel worse.​TL;DR: Long-term bf dumped me now I'm having a hard time imagining being with someone new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.