I (29M) don't know how to confess my feelings to my borderline (29F) friend without causing any issues.

Hi redditors!

I'm looking for some advice in a relationship I have recovered recently. We've been friends for almost 15 years, but lose contact for about 6 years (I moved to another city) until half year ago. I've been in love with her almost the same time we know each other, and always looked for her own sake and happiness. She ended a terrible relationship, and now she's diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.

As I wrote, now we make up for the lost time, she completely trust in me and I've become her confident, I know every single aspect of her inner feelings/thoughts which is... I don't know how to describe it, but it makes me feel really glad, happy... obviously, she talk a lot with me, specially about love, her ideas, feelings, expectations etc. and sometimes about her experiences. Nowadays, she feels confident again, and recently told me she's ready to try hard and fall in love again.

I been supportive, and maybe leaving aside my own feelings to often... now I think those feelings are slowly becoming a burden, and of course I don't want that to happen, but don't want to cause some sort of negative reaction in her, because of her mental state. I'm convinced of her feelings, she often says that she love move and I am "her special one", but a mutual friend told me that maybe she don't know what to do about my feelings toward her and her own feelings for me, I didn't ask for more details because I respect their privacy, but left me in this spot of total confusion.

So, I decided to finally let her know my true feelings, I don't really give a damn if she rejects me, the only thing I expect for her it's to be happy, but I fear to cause her to feel bad or even worse, loose her... and that's how I end up here, waiting for some advice in how to reach her without hurting her.

I hope for someone to help me clear my mind. Thank you in advance

TL;DR: I'm in love with my best friend (diagnosed with borderline personality disorder) and I want lo let her know about my feelings, but don't want to hurt her.

Pd. Sorry for my poor grammar, I tried to do my best.



Submitted January 27, 2020 at 12:03AM

Hi redditors!I'm looking for some advice in a relationship I have recovered recently. We've been friends for almost 15 years, but lose contact for about 6 years (I moved to another city) until half year ago. I've been in love with her almost the same time we know each other, and always looked for her own sake and happiness. She ended a terrible relationship, and now she's diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.As I wrote, now we make up for the lost time, she completely trust in me and I've become her confident, I know every single aspect of her inner feelings/thoughts which is... I don't know how to describe it, but it makes me feel really glad, happy... obviously, she talk a lot with me, specially about love, her ideas, feelings, expectations etc. and sometimes about her experiences. Nowadays, she feels confident again, and recently told me she's ready to try hard and fall in love again.I been supportive, and maybe leaving aside my own feelings to often... now I think those feelings are slowly becoming a burden, and of course I don't want that to happen, but don't want to cause some sort of negative reaction in her, because of her mental state. I'm convinced of her feelings, she often says that she love move and I am "her special one", but a mutual friend told me that maybe she don't know what to do about my feelings toward her and her own feelings for me, I didn't ask for more details because I respect their privacy, but left me in this spot of total confusion.So, I decided to finally let her know my true feelings, I don't really give a damn if she rejects me, the only thing I expect for her it's to be happy, but I fear to cause her to feel bad or even worse, loose her... and that's how I end up here, waiting for some advice in how to reach her without hurting her.I hope for someone to help me clear my mind. Thank you in advanceTL;DR: I'm in love with my best friend (diagnosed with borderline personality disorder) and I want lo let her know about my feelings, but don't want to hurt her.​Pd. Sorry for my poor grammar, I tried to do my best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.