[Serious] Should I change my fashion sense ?

Hi All,

I'm seeking a dating and self improvement advice as I have been on the Single market for a while now and I'm planning on going back to dating again. Lately I have been thinking about my fashion sense and if I should change it. On a dress down days at work or when I go out with friends, I would usualy wear something like this (Hoodie \ Hoodie \ T-Shirt \ T-Shirt + Jeans).

As you have noticed from the examples above, I like very bright and colorful clothing. This types of clothes make me feel comfortable and confident as well as I think it highlights my personality, me being a very nerdy, introverted and shy 26 year old guy. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

I usually get a mixture of reactions from various people, for example:

My manager at work: Please come in something darker/black to work on the dress down days.

Co-Workers: This sh*t is so bright I'm going to become blind

Close Friend: Nothing.

Male Stranger: I am so amazed that you wear that, it has soo much pink on it.

Some Teenager: Tell me where I can buy it, it looks cool AF.

My Dad: You should change to something more classy like your brother to not look like some kid.

After my dad told me about changing my clothing it hurted me a bit then I completely ignored it and forgot about it altogether. Then lately I have decided to go back on the dating scene and was thinking if I should change my fashion sense and decided to look for a solid and honest advice from a 3rd source aka Reddit.

From one side I really like this type of fashion but the other side screams to me: You idiot ! change it or you won't have any success in dating or with women !

Any solid advice ?



Submitted December 29, 2019 at 10:30PM

Hi All,I'm seeking a dating and self improvement advice as I have been on the Single market for a while now and I'm planning on going back to dating again. Lately I have been thinking about my fashion sense and if I should change it. On a dress down days at work or when I go out with friends, I would usualy wear something like this (Hoodie \ Hoodie \ T-Shirt \ T-Shirt + Jeans).As you have noticed from the examples above, I like very bright and colorful clothing. This types of clothes make me feel comfortable and confident as well as I think it highlights my personality, me being a very nerdy, introverted and shy 26 year old guy. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️I usually get a mixture of reactions from various people, for example:My manager at work: Please come in something darker/black to work on the dress down days.Co-Workers: This sh*t is so bright I'm going to become blindClose Friend: Nothing.Male Stranger: I am so amazed that you wear that, it has soo much pink on it.Some Teenager: Tell me where I can buy it, it looks cool AF.My Dad: You should change to something more classy like your brother to not look like some kid.After my dad told me about changing my clothing it hurted me a bit then I completely ignored it and forgot about it altogether. Then lately I have decided to go back on the dating scene and was thinking if I should change my fashion sense and decided to look for a solid and honest advice from a 3rd source aka Reddit.From one side I really like this type of fashion but the other side screams to me: You idiot ! change it or you won't have any success in dating or with women !Any solid advice ?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.