Relationship advice would be appreciated

Relationship issues! Please help

Relationship issues?

So, there’s this boy (18) I’ve been dating for a while now—I’m 18 and a girl and we’ve been together for almost 2 years to be exact and all my life people have been telling me that he’s slowing me down, and he doesn’t dress presentable, and he’s not sociable. I’m black and my boyfriend is Mexican. Obviously, we are very different but we do enjoy each other’s company and have a lot in company.

We love anime, playing/watching video games, metal/punk rock and reggae. We even enjoy having our own bdsm sessions a lot. We’ve developed a big sense of friendship on a platonic and intimate level with each other.

But my mom doesn’t want us to be together because of her racist views and wanting me to mingle with my own. She thinks very negative of him and says he doesn’t know how to respect his elders because he didn’t verbally say hi to her when they met. He had only waved. He’s extremely introverted and very shy. He’s very shy and awkward upon first meeting him but is very funny and kind once you get to him enough to stick around.

But Lately, I’ve been seeing what my mom was talking about when she said she I wasn’t allowed to date him; he has bad grades, he doesn’t work or isn’t thinking about going to college and there’s been a few times where he has taken things from people or has gotten caught smoking at school. He no longer does these things but I think about his actions a lot and question them. It’s gotten to a point where I’m really stressed and I don’t know really want to do. I don’t want to break up with him because grades should never define you as a person, but I also don’t want to stay with a guy who can’t be responsible for himself and doesn’t want to be efficient with their lives. It’s been really hard for me lately these past couple days on what to do with this situation because I’ve been with him for so long.

I keep telling him that he needs to get his act together or that I would break up with him. I see a lot of potential in him and I knows he’s very smart because he’s had all A’s before, hes just not putting in the work to be successful.

Any advice on what should I do? Need help!



Submitted December 12, 2019 at 12:12AM

Relationship issues! Please helpRelationship issues?So, there’s this boy (18) I’ve been dating for a while now—I’m 18 and a girl and we’ve been together for almost 2 years to be exact and all my life people have been telling me that he’s slowing me down, and he doesn’t dress presentable, and he’s not sociable. I’m black and my boyfriend is Mexican. Obviously, we are very different but we do enjoy each other’s company and have a lot in company.We love anime, playing/watching video games, metal/punk rock and reggae. We even enjoy having our own bdsm sessions a lot. We’ve developed a big sense of friendship on a platonic and intimate level with each other.But my mom doesn’t want us to be together because of her racist views and wanting me to mingle with my own. She thinks very negative of him and says he doesn’t know how to respect his elders because he didn’t verbally say hi to her when they met. He had only waved. He’s extremely introverted and very shy. He’s very shy and awkward upon first meeting him but is very funny and kind once you get to him enough to stick around.But Lately, I’ve been seeing what my mom was talking about when she said she I wasn’t allowed to date him; he has bad grades, he doesn’t work or isn’t thinking about going to college and there’s been a few times where he has taken things from people or has gotten caught smoking at school. He no longer does these things but I think about his actions a lot and question them. It’s gotten to a point where I’m really stressed and I don’t know really want to do. I don’t want to break up with him because grades should never define you as a person, but I also don’t want to stay with a guy who can’t be responsible for himself and doesn’t want to be efficient with their lives. It’s been really hard for me lately these past couple days on what to do with this situation because I’ve been with him for so long.I keep telling him that he needs to get his act together or that I would break up with him. I see a lot of potential in him and I knows he’s very smart because he’s had all A’s before, hes just not putting in the work to be successful.Any advice on what should I do? Need help!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.