One weird thing about post-college dating

So this post is going to be kind of a musing/rambling/venting one.

I am a recent college grad [22M], good job, living in a major metropolitan area. I had been seeing a girl for over a year but she moved across the country for work in May and we agreed we didn't want to do long distance. So now I'm single...

One thing I've discovered is that I'm now basically one of the youngest people in the post-college, working world. Everyone even a little bit younger than I am is still kind of stuck in "school world." Many of my coworkers have spouses and families, and almost everyone I meet is significantly older than I am.

As far as dating goes, anecdotal evidence suggests that women prefer men the same age up to significantly older than themselves. Because of this, my female friends have had a relatively easy time adjusting to the now-older dating scene. I, on the other hand have a hard time imagining that any of the women I meet or see when I'm out would be interested in me. Again, I'm only 22, and... well, let's just say no one would mistake me for being older.

I still go out, enjoy myself, spend time with friends, and overall have decent life satisfaction. I enjoy getting to meet new people from time to time, male and female.

All that said, I'm not overly bothered by this. As I said, I still feel generally happy with how my life is. And I can find solace in the fact that my dating pool can only grow the older I get. Right now I just need to time and patience to adjust and come to terms with the state of my dating life.

And yes, I realize dating apps allow you to filter by age. I've tried those apps with some mild success, but for some reason it feels very strange to ask someone out without ever having met them. I never find myself able to pull the trigger and actually ask them out for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for hearing my thoughts.



Submitted December 11, 2019 at 11:51PM

So this post is going to be kind of a musing/rambling/venting one.I am a recent college grad [22M], good job, living in a major metropolitan area. I had been seeing a girl for over a year but she moved across the country for work in May and we agreed we didn't want to do long distance. So now I'm single...One thing I've discovered is that I'm now basically one of the youngest people in the post-college, working world. Everyone even a little bit younger than I am is still kind of stuck in "school world." Many of my coworkers have spouses and families, and almost everyone I meet is significantly older than I am.As far as dating goes, anecdotal evidence suggests that women prefer men the same age up to significantly older than themselves. Because of this, my female friends have had a relatively easy time adjusting to the now-older dating scene. I, on the other hand have a hard time imagining that any of the women I meet or see when I'm out would be interested in me. Again, I'm only 22, and... well, let's just say no one would mistake me for being older.I still go out, enjoy myself, spend time with friends, and overall have decent life satisfaction. I enjoy getting to meet new people from time to time, male and female.All that said, I'm not overly bothered by this. As I said, I still feel generally happy with how my life is. And I can find solace in the fact that my dating pool can only grow the older I get. Right now I just need to time and patience to adjust and come to terms with the state of my dating life.And yes, I realize dating apps allow you to filter by age. I've tried those apps with some mild success, but for some reason it feels very strange to ask someone out without ever having met them. I never find myself able to pull the trigger and actually ask them out for some reason.Anyway, thanks for hearing my thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.