A silly one but painful, social media etiquette after ending?

Things recently ended with someone I’d been dating for a few months as for her she didn’t see a future long term with me.

She said it wasn’t about no longer liking me and enjoyed my company but felt best we don’t invest more in dating. She even admitted that seeing her again would be difficult and cause confusion.

Cutting to the chase, we haven’t spoken since Saturday and she unfollowed me on Instagram Sunday. This evening after I viewed a story of hers, I’ve been muted from seeing them.

I know it seems stupid to care but I was under the impression we’d remain somewhat friends as we did have a lot in common. Neither of us would post things about new flames or selfies so I at least thought even if we didn’t communicate that Instagram would be one of those ways you indirectly stay in touch.

Is there a tactful way to let her know I found it a bit hurtful without seeming whiney?

Should I ask if she prefer I not follow her?



Submitted December 12, 2019 at 12:08AM

Things recently ended with someone I’d been dating for a few months as for her she didn’t see a future long term with me.She said it wasn’t about no longer liking me and enjoyed my company but felt best we don’t invest more in dating. She even admitted that seeing her again would be difficult and cause confusion.Cutting to the chase, we haven’t spoken since Saturday and she unfollowed me on Instagram Sunday. This evening after I viewed a story of hers, I’ve been muted from seeing them.I know it seems stupid to care but I was under the impression we’d remain somewhat friends as we did have a lot in common. Neither of us would post things about new flames or selfies so I at least thought even if we didn’t communicate that Instagram would be one of those ways you indirectly stay in touch.Is there a tactful way to let her know I found it a bit hurtful without seeming whiney?Should I ask if she prefer I not follow her?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.