My brother sexually harassed me when I was younger and now it’s affecting my relationships with family

TL;DR Brother used to get his penis out in front of me, now I have issues with my aunty over it

When I was younger [9ish F] my brother [14ish M] went through a habit of getting his own is out in front of me and pretending everything was normal.

This happened a few times before I eventually screamed at him for it. Then that night my Aunty (who lived with us at the time and who my brother is close to) came and spoke to me and told me that he won’t do it again but not to tell my parents.

Fast forward to now, and my mum confessed to me that she thinks my brother might be somewhere on the autism spectrum (and I completely agree with her but I never told her about what happened) One of my questions was whether those incidents could be related to autism? We’re much older now (20-25) and I know my brother has a heart of gold but part of me is wondering if I’m still affected in some way by what happened.

I’m also angry at my Aunty, who has always shown favouritism to my brother, but I’m also wondering that if she told my parents about what happened - would they have taken my brother to a doctor, and would we actually have a diagnosis for him? How can I move past this and forgive her?



Submitted December 26, 2019 at 12:11AM

TL;DR Brother used to get his penis out in front of me, now I have issues with my aunty over itWhen I was younger [9ish F] my brother [14ish M] went through a habit of getting his own is out in front of me and pretending everything was normal.This happened a few times before I eventually screamed at him for it. Then that night my Aunty (who lived with us at the time and who my brother is close to) came and spoke to me and told me that he won’t do it again but not to tell my parents.Fast forward to now, and my mum confessed to me that she thinks my brother might be somewhere on the autism spectrum (and I completely agree with her but I never told her about what happened) One of my questions was whether those incidents could be related to autism? We’re much older now (20-25) and I know my brother has a heart of gold but part of me is wondering if I’m still affected in some way by what happened.I’m also angry at my Aunty, who has always shown favouritism to my brother, but I’m also wondering that if she told my parents about what happened - would they have taken my brother to a doctor, and would we actually have a diagnosis for him? How can I move past this and forgive her?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.