I [22F] don't get invited to hang out. Is there something wrong with me?

I'm a fairly normal college student with plenty of acquaintances but I can never manage to have close friends.

Two of my closest friends had to move away early this year because living in Cali has become insanely expensive. And now I feel all alone.

I know a lot of people but I'm never the first to come to mind when people go to clubs or parties or even to lunch. I don't know if it's because I don't have a car or maybe I'm not memorable but it feels like I'm always on the sidelines. People usually consult me when it comes to advice or venting but no one reaches out to me when it comes to fun.

I've tried asking people to hang out but everyone's busy or we make plans and they fall through. The few people that seem interested in hanging out are low key toxic "friends of a friend" that had falling outs with others I know.

Is there something I should do? I don't wanna be a lone wolf all the time.

TL;DR - Feeling like I don't have friends but I know a lot of people. What do I do?



Submitted December 26, 2019 at 12:12AM

I'm a fairly normal college student with plenty of acquaintances but I can never manage to have close friends.Two of my closest friends had to move away early this year because living in Cali has become insanely expensive. And now I feel all alone.I know a lot of people but I'm never the first to come to mind when people go to clubs or parties or even to lunch. I don't know if it's because I don't have a car or maybe I'm not memorable but it feels like I'm always on the sidelines. People usually consult me when it comes to advice or venting but no one reaches out to me when it comes to fun.I've tried asking people to hang out but everyone's busy or we make plans and they fall through. The few people that seem interested in hanging out are low key toxic "friends of a friend" that had falling outs with others I know.Is there something I should do? I don't wanna be a lone wolf all the time.TL;DR - Feeling like I don't have friends but I know a lot of people. What do I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.