My [20F] BF [21M] says he just sucks at relationships

Hello.

My BF and I have been on and off for 2 years. We are each other's first relationship. Every time he asks for us to get back together and I agree, he would be very affectionate and loving during the first few weeks or month then he would go back to pushing me away and being cold. I try my hardest to understand him by asking him what we could do, how I can help him if there are problems, etc.

Lately, I opened up to him about being unhappy in the relationship and how I don't want us to be stuck in a cycle of breaking up then getting back together then breaking up again. He told me that my feelings are valid and that he just really "sucks at relationships".

My problem with him is that whenever I ask for 1-3 hours of bonding time, he complains that I'm too clingy. During those 1-3 hours, he would even rush it, emphasize how bored he is and even ignore me to talk to friends. He never asks me about my day. He even ignored me for five days. He told me recently that he still loves me, but I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm not sure what to do. Should I just break it off for good or keep trying?

tldr: my bf and I have been on and off for 2 years, he says he just sucks at relationships, I'm tired being the only one trying :(



Submitted December 26, 2019 at 12:20AM

Hello.My BF and I have been on and off for 2 years. We are each other's first relationship. Every time he asks for us to get back together and I agree, he would be very affectionate and loving during the first few weeks or month then he would go back to pushing me away and being cold. I try my hardest to understand him by asking him what we could do, how I can help him if there are problems, etc.Lately, I opened up to him about being unhappy in the relationship and how I don't want us to be stuck in a cycle of breaking up then getting back together then breaking up again. He told me that my feelings are valid and that he just really "sucks at relationships".My problem with him is that whenever I ask for 1-3 hours of bonding time, he complains that I'm too clingy. During those 1-3 hours, he would even rush it, emphasize how bored he is and even ignore me to talk to friends. He never asks me about my day. He even ignored me for five days. He told me recently that he still loves me, but I'm not so sure anymore.I'm not sure what to do. Should I just break it off for good or keep trying?tldr: my bf and I have been on and off for 2 years, he says he just sucks at relationships, I'm tired being the only one trying :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.