/u/yepsandneps on Anyone remember that episode of House about asexuals?

Oh wow, I had forgotten about this...

I saw that episode before I found out I was ace. And I remember thinking that the episode seemed weirdly cruel to have been written that way. That despite there being a term for it, asexuality, that a "tumor" was making the character ace. It left a sour taste in my mouth, and I felt disappointed afterward but shrugged it off thinking "I guess that's how it is then". I was disappointed because I thought they were going to answer something for me that I didn't know at the time - could there be people happily together who don't have sex? And they said, "no" and back then I was kind of sad to hear that answer. And... yeah... now I know why I was sad.





November 10, 2019 at 12:22AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.