Pap test was positive, need follow up tests every 6 months. Do I need to tell future partners this?

I had a pap test and it indicated abnormal cells (cancer risk). So I had a second one with a colposcopy and a biopsy. The doctor said the cancer reading was wrong and but still found some cells that looked abnormal (she couldn't even find them at first, she didn't seem too concerned).

I have been single for a while and I'm worried about telling people I start dating about this (especially since I won't know them well at first!). I do STD tests after every relationship ends and I don't have any other signs of STDs. I feel pretty embarrassed and confused about this because I use protection.

And let's say I hooked up with someone from a dating app that I wasn't even planning to date - do I have to tell them too? I want to do the right thing but I also don't want to share highly personal information with people I don't really know. If we use protection can they get anything from me?

I asked the doctor if I had HPV, she said the test doesn't actually confirm that but only indicates abnormal cells. So I can't even definitively tell people I have HPV.

Alternatively, do I have to stay single until test comes back clear?



Submitted November 30, 2019 at 11:49PM

I had a pap test and it indicated abnormal cells (cancer risk). So I had a second one with a colposcopy and a biopsy. The doctor said the cancer reading was wrong and but still found some cells that looked abnormal (she couldn't even find them at first, she didn't seem too concerned).I have been single for a while and I'm worried about telling people I start dating about this (especially since I won't know them well at first!). I do STD tests after every relationship ends and I don't have any other signs of STDs. I feel pretty embarrassed and confused about this because I use protection.And let's say I hooked up with someone from a dating app that I wasn't even planning to date - do I have to tell them too? I want to do the right thing but I also don't want to share highly personal information with people I don't really know. If we use protection can they get anything from me?I asked the doctor if I had HPV, she said the test doesn't actually confirm that but only indicates abnormal cells. So I can't even definitively tell people I have HPV.Alternatively, do I have to stay single until test comes back clear?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.