People often times stop paying attention to me and talks to someone else

So I've noticed people simply stop paying attention to me when I'm talking. And they proceed to talk to someone else.

Or they were listening to someone else and joined that other conversation, abandoning the one we're having.

They don't even tell me to stop. They just directly start talking to the other person.

Sometimes multiple times during a single conversation, and sometimes I had to repeat myself 3 times before giving up.

It's happened during: - both professional and non professional scenarios - where someone asked me a question and I'm giving an answer - with my partner - can be in person and on phone calls - and it's many people, about half of everyone I interact with and unfortunately includes my partner

I have cptsd anxiety and whatever and it's really upsetting, to be honest.

Am I expecting too much? Can I just lecture the other person on basic respect? I'm getting tired of this.

TLDR: trying to have a chat with people. Starts talking to others and completely ignored me, includes professional scenario where I'm giving serious answers. Getting fed up and tired. Am I expecting too much?



Submitted October 26, 2019 at 12:05AM

So I've noticed people simply stop paying attention to me when I'm talking. And they proceed to talk to someone else.Or they were listening to someone else and joined that other conversation, abandoning the one we're having.They don't even tell me to stop. They just directly start talking to the other person.Sometimes multiple times during a single conversation, and sometimes I had to repeat myself 3 times before giving up.It's happened during: - both professional and non professional scenarios - where someone asked me a question and I'm giving an answer - with my partner - can be in person and on phone calls - and it's many people, about half of everyone I interact with and unfortunately includes my partnerI have cptsd anxiety and whatever and it's really upsetting, to be honest.Am I expecting too much? Can I just lecture the other person on basic respect? I'm getting tired of this.TLDR: trying to have a chat with people. Starts talking to others and completely ignored me, includes professional scenario where I'm giving serious answers. Getting fed up and tired. Am I expecting too much?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.