I'm feeling weird about my(22m) girlfriends (20f) friend group who are okay with cheating.

I met her through mutual friends 9 months ago and had an instant connection, we kissed the first night we met, and instantly started dating. We started dating seriously and even though we didn't label it, we were together, just not officially.

However there was this one guy, let's call him Carl. He's been a longtime friend of my girlfriend, and they hooked up a couple of times and tried dating, but weren't compatible.

Carl thought it was just a fling and it would go away. When it didn't, he tried to get close to my girlfriend again. Tgere was this one night when we were dating for a month (mind you, everyone knew about us, we told each other we loved each other ((a weakened version in our native tongue)) ) that she went to a party and got blackout drunk.

She called me at 5am to tell me they had made out, insanely remorseful. I had to calm her down and tell her things would be okay. I let her sleep off the booze and we called the next day. She couldn't remember anything from the night before. I heard from my best friend they were clingy, she didn't deny it, but just didn't know what happened, she had a blackout.

I believe her because she gets blackouts quite often.

This was incredibly hurtful, and even though we weren't *officially* together, it felt like cheating. We talked for a couple of days and I forgave her. Afterwards I feel like I gave in way too quick.

The next day we decided we were officially a couple. We have been since 8 months now.

She is still friends with Carl. And over the past months I've gotten to know her friends quite well, they are a big group (20 people, maybe more), and they all just... make out?

All of them have been in relationships, and all of the guys (I'm seriously, literally all of them) have cheated on their girlfriends. They just laugh it off I guess. My girlfriend tells me she finds it horrible behavior, but never says anything about it. They constantly make out in their friend group, I find it really disgusting behavior.

Am I normal to feel a bit worried? We talked everything out, and I do trust her again, but it feels...icky.

This is the only blip in our relationship. The rest has been nothing short of wonderful, my girlfriend is extremely thoughtful and has shown remorse time and time again, she parties way less now (partly due to school). I honestly see myself building a real future with her.

tl;dr : girlfriend drunkenly kissed with a friend who's jealous of our relationship, she's still friends with him, their entire friend group cheats on their girl/boyfriends and they laught it off.



Submitted October 25, 2019 at 11:59PM

I met her through mutual friends 9 months ago and had an instant connection, we kissed the first night we met, and instantly started dating. We started dating seriously and even though we didn't label it, we were together, just not officially.However there was this one guy, let's call him Carl. He's been a longtime friend of my girlfriend, and they hooked up a couple of times and tried dating, but weren't compatible.Carl thought it was just a fling and it would go away. When it didn't, he tried to get close to my girlfriend again. Tgere was this one night when we were dating for a month (mind you, everyone knew about us, we told each other we loved each other ((a weakened version in our native tongue)) ) that she went to a party and got blackout drunk.She called me at 5am to tell me they had made out, insanely remorseful. I had to calm her down and tell her things would be okay. I let her sleep off the booze and we called the next day. She couldn't remember anything from the night before. I heard from my best friend they were clingy, she didn't deny it, but just didn't know what happened, she had a blackout.I believe her because she gets blackouts quite often.This was incredibly hurtful, and even though we weren't *officially* together, it felt like cheating. We talked for a couple of days and I forgave her. Afterwards I feel like I gave in way too quick.The next day we decided we were officially a couple. We have been since 8 months now.She is still friends with Carl. And over the past months I've gotten to know her friends quite well, they are a big group (20 people, maybe more), and they all just... make out?All of them have been in relationships, and all of the guys (I'm seriously, literally all of them) have cheated on their girlfriends. They just laugh it off I guess. My girlfriend tells me she finds it horrible behavior, but never says anything about it. They constantly make out in their friend group, I find it really disgusting behavior.Am I normal to feel a bit worried? We talked everything out, and I do trust her again, but it feels...icky.This is the only blip in our relationship. The rest has been nothing short of wonderful, my girlfriend is extremely thoughtful and has shown remorse time and time again, she parties way less now (partly due to school). I honestly see myself building a real future with her.tl;dr : girlfriend drunkenly kissed with a friend who's jealous of our relationship, she's still friends with him, their entire friend group cheats on their girl/boyfriends and they laught it off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.