I (M21) want to start dating, but I'm insecure about my current situation. Advice?

I'm 21, and I still live at home with my parents. I'm kinda embarrased by it, but that's the way it is.

I want to move out, and plan to do so, but as of now they kinda need me. My father is retired, and probably couldn't find work if he wanted to. My mother is unable to work to due a variety of medical issuses. (For whatever reason, she keeps getting denied disability checks.) My sister is a single mother raising twin boys, and they live with us also.

My paychecks, along with my sister's checks, and my father's checks, support us.

As you can imagine, such a situation makes it difficult to start dating, but that's mostly because I'm so embarrased by the whole thing. My friends from high school are all getting good jobs, and going to college, and of course, getting dates.

Their has been one or two girls I had chemistry with, but it just wasn't meant to be. I've never really been on a date.

I want to, really bad. I'm too nervous to try to ask girls out in person (though I have quite a few female friends) so I'm considering maybe online dating. But my insecurities about both my financial status and my inexperince is keeping me from doing so. (21 is a bit old to have never kissed a girl, isn't it?) My mother is starting question me about having not had a girlfriend.

How do I man up and go out with a girl?

Any and all advice is apperciated.



Submitted October 08, 2019 at 12:01AM

I'm 21, and I still live at home with my parents. I'm kinda embarrased by it, but that's the way it is.I want to move out, and plan to do so, but as of now they kinda need me. My father is retired, and probably couldn't find work if he wanted to. My mother is unable to work to due a variety of medical issuses. (For whatever reason, she keeps getting denied disability checks.) My sister is a single mother raising twin boys, and they live with us also.My paychecks, along with my sister's checks, and my father's checks, support us.As you can imagine, such a situation makes it difficult to start dating, but that's mostly because I'm so embarrased by the whole thing. My friends from high school are all getting good jobs, and going to college, and of course, getting dates.Their has been one or two girls I had chemistry with, but it just wasn't meant to be. I've never really been on a date.I want to, really bad. I'm too nervous to try to ask girls out in person (though I have quite a few female friends) so I'm considering maybe online dating. But my insecurities about both my financial status and my inexperince is keeping me from doing so. (21 is a bit old to have never kissed a girl, isn't it?) My mother is starting question me about having not had a girlfriend.How do I man up and go out with a girl?Any and all advice is apperciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.